Thursday, February 10, 2011

Plays

1, Captured by feministas: Comedy because it has funny parts in it that makes people laugh.
You know how to whistle, don't you? : Melodrama because it has serious moments in the story.

2. I think his choice of words affect me positively because then the story and play feels real. If he would have chosen old fashioned words I would have been less interested. Instead I feel like I can relate and completely understand the play, like it would be happening in front of me.

3. The theme of "captured by feministas" is to understand that men and women are always going to be different. They operate differently, and even though how hard someone tries to operate equally in the end they will always be different to one and another.

4. The protagonist of the feministas story is clearly the man sitting blindfolded, because he is not doing anything bad in this play he is the nice guy.The antagonist is the women/woman interrogating him and threatening to shoot him because they are the bad guys of this play.

5. I liked the first play ( feministas) better than the second one ( whistle one) because I like comedy better than dramatic stories. I like to laugh and the feministas play really got my attention because It felt new and up to date, as well as it was really funny.

Andre's Mother:

1. The spectacle that is used in this play is the white balloons that they are all letting go and watching them fly up in the sky. It is symbolic of letting the spirit of the Andre go.

2. I feel like the protagonist in this play is Cal and the antagonist is Andre's mother. Cal is trying his best to talk to her and explain, bond and just communicate with the love of his life's mother. Instead Andre's mother just stands there quiet without anything to say. We also find out that she hasn't really been that supportive of her son being homosexual so that is another feeling I get why she is the antagonist.

3. I feel like the story turned when Andre's mother used a physical motion, the kiss on the balloon. When she decided to pull the balloon down and kiss it before letting it go, that really showed the reader that she cared about her son and she isn't really mean.

4. I think the theme of this story is to accept people like they are, even if you do not like what they do or think or feel. Everyone should accept and respect everybody.

1 comment: